We all know that car paint can come off very easily. Debris and unwanted particles from the road act as magnet while you are on the road, sticking to your car paint. Extreme weather conditions can affect the hood badly. All this makes you prone to accidents. Hence, a car touch up paint is required to ensure the wellbeing of your car and you, most importantly. Usually these chips or pieces of debris are too small. They would not require professional help and hence you can touch up the car all by yourself.
Let us have a look at how you can do all this all by yourself:
- Firstly, you should buy a preferable car touch up paint for yourself. Choose any colour you would like to use. You can check the firewall to find the code number of the paint. You should also purchase a primer if required. You can get both of these at any automobile store.
- Secondly, you should also see whether the area that you would paint is affected by rust or not. To prevent rust and it spreading to other areas, you could put a small amount of rust arrestor to ensure this.
- Thirdly, clean the car with water properly especially on the areas that are affected.
- Fourthly, you should apply wax remover to the affected area. You should then sand the area with a sandpaper. This would allow the primer to stick properly. You must allow the affected area to dry before you move on to the fifth step.
- Fifthly, you must cross check whether the paint you have bought reacts well to paint that is already there. You can apply this paint to any area of the car.
- Sixthly, you must shake the paint well and pour some of it into a shallow dish. Then, put up to two to three layers of car touch up paint in the area to see whether the area being touched up is heightened or not, as it should.
- Finally, you should sand the area with a sandpaper and rub it against the area very gently. Finish off the process by polishing and waxing the entire car.
Car touch up paint is important because it contributes to the visual appeal of your car and the impact it has on people. Moreover, in today’s world, your car is always exposed to dirt, grime and other particles on the road. When they stick to your car, not only does it look bad, but affects the hood too. This leads to accidents and keeps your life at stake while driving. Terrible conditions in weather also lead to the paint peeling off the surface of your car. It is therefore of extreme significance to take care of your car to avoid all this. Owning a car is as important as maintaining it. There are maintenance costs for sure. However, when it comes to the paint coming off, you can refer to the steps mentioned above and do it all by yourself.