SMG VW like to think we know a thing or two about Volkswagen, their vehicles, and what they stand for as a brand.
However, we totally understand if you aren’t as in the loop as we are. If you’re shopping around for a new vehicle at SMG VW, we thought you might like to know exactly what it is that has Volkswagen reign as one of the best car manufacturers on the planet.
- VW Also own several other stand-alone car manufacturers – Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Ducati, Porsche, Bugatti, MAN, Scania, and VW Commercial are all owned by Volkswagen. Impressive, eh?
- The biggest and the brightest- Volkswagen are the second largest automaker in the world, coming second only to Toyota.
- The unbeatable Beetle- The infamous Volkswagen Beetle holds the title for the longest-produced vehicle in history, having been manufactured from 1938 to 2003. During this time, it’s became one of the world’s most popular cars.
- Against all odds- the Volkswagen factory in Wolfsburg – which is still standing today – has survived against practically impossible odds. During World War II, the factory was heavily bombed. After the war, and during the recovery process, an unexploded bomb was found lodged between the factory’s main power generators. If it had detonated, it would be most likely that Volkswagen would not be around today. What other car manufacturer can say they’ve survived this?!
- The fastest car on earth- that’s right; Volkswagen make the current fastest street-legal car on earth! As aforementioned, Volkswagen own Bugatti, and manufacture their cars. The Bugatti Veyron can reach speeds of up to 267.7mph, making it the speediest car on the planet.
Still not impressed? Once you’ve tested driven even a used Volkswagen, we reckon there’s no going back. Try it for yourself!