It is true that you spend a lot of time with your family in the car. You plan out small trips, go shopping, etc. But have you thought about the safety of your babies throughout your travelling? Constant sitting may tire you and same goes for your child. Visiting Baby-direct.com.au will help you know about the safety tips. For more information, this post will guide you with some basic tips on how to keep your kid safe throughout exhaustible trips:
- Make sure your child rides in the backseat : Generally, the backseat is the safest place while travelling. If your vehicle has a passenger airbag, then it is preferable for children under 12 to ride in back.
- Make sure infants ride facing the rear until they are about 1 year old or 20-22 pounds : Infants having 20 pounds before age of 1 year should ride in an approved restraint. You have to read your child restraint owner manual for instructions on how to properly use the restraints. Children over age 1 and at least 20 pounds should only ride facing forwards.
- Check to see that the safety belt holds the seat properly or not : As a parent, you should be aware of putting the belt. It must get through the correct slot. If your safety seat can be used to facing both ways, you need to use the right belt for both the sides. The safety belt must stay tight while securing the safety seat. As a responsible parent, you should take care regarding seat safety belt for your baby.
- Make sure the harness is tied snugly around the child : The best way is to keep the straps over your child’s shoulder. The harness should be adjusted so you can slip only one finger underneath the straps at the chest of your kid. Place the chest clip at arm level.
- If you have child over 40 pounds use a booster seat : As long as possible, keep your child in a safety seat with sufficient harness until he’s at least 40 pounds. Then use belt-positioning booster seat, which helps to fit adult lap and shoulder belt properly. A belt-positioning booster seat, that is used with an adult and shoulder belt, is preferred for children weighing around 40 to 80 pounds.
- Check if the safety belt fits your older children : The child must be tall enough to sit without bending or leaning, with knees bend at the seat edge and his/her feet touching the floor. The lap belts must fit tight across upper thighs. The shoulder belt should rest over the shoulder and across the chest. You should never put the shoulder belt to children under the arm or behind the back. The adult lap and shoulder belt alone will not fit children until they are 4 feet 9 inches tall and weigh about 80 pounds. So it also depends on children’s height and weight. According to that you can act or make your child comfortable . Not every child can wear shoulder belt. Make sure your child enjoys a safe ride.
As the post denotes, you should be careful while using car seat for your adorable one. You should follow certain rules and caution before using the car seat. Set up your child’s safety to priority and check the weight limit and follow accordingly. If you have healthy baby or a toddler, you can use booster seat instead of belt. For appropriate and adjustable sitting, baby might have certain height to fit into it. You should verify the harness. Is it tied well or not. Because your child may get injured too. So basically, after following these safety tips, you can easily travel anywhere using car seat for your kid. Have a safe and sound journey!