Israel is a small developing country with less transportation facilities. Are you planning to make a trip to Israel? If yes, then the best and most convenient way to get around is to rent a car in Israel. Unlike many developing countries, Israel has modern roads with parking facilities available almost everywhere. As a tourist, you may be entering Israel through Ben-Gurion, its national airport, located in the central region. So the most convenient way is to rent a car from Israel Airport itself.
Car rental tips in Israel:
- To hire a car, you have to be 24 years or older. For western nationalities, there is no need for an international driving license; a driving license issued from your country itself is enough for renting a car.
- If you hire a car from the airport, as in all international airports the car rental companies in Israel also charge you an airport tax of $27.
- All car rental companies in Israel are open from 8.30 to 5.00 and are closed on Saturdays and holidays, except for the once at the airport.
- No need to book a car in advance. There are many rental companies both in the airport and outside. But if you are looking for the best deal available, it is advised to check all options available and book the car of your need in advance (at least 1 month before arrival).
- You will be free from VAT taxes, if you are not hiring an Israeli citizen to drive your car. But if you are renting a van or a big vehicle that can accommodate a number of persons and baggage, you will have to pay the 17% VAT taxes.
If you are planning to book a car before arriving, search over the internet for choosing the best car rental service available for your needs. All you have to do is just enter the details like your pickup point, return location, type of car and number of days.